Toyota makes some of the top-selling SUVs around, with each Toyota SUV model offering something unique to drivers and their families. With an extensive lineup of SUVs, though, how do you know which Toyota model is right for you?
At Lithia Toyota of Odessa, we're home to the full lineup of versatile Toyota SUV models, from the ever-popular RAV4 compact crossover SUV to mid-size options like the 5-passenger 4Runner and 8-passenger Highlander. There's more that separates these three Toyota SUVs than merely size and seating capacity, though, so let's review the full array of differences so that local SUV shoppers can make an informed buying or leasing decision.
||Up to 3,500 pounds
|Total Interior Volume
||136.4 cubic feet
||144.5 cubic feet
||155.1 cubic feet
|Standard Cargo Space
||37.6 cubic feet
||47.2 cubic feet
||16 cubic feet
|Maximum Cargo Capacity
||69.8 cubic feet
||89.7 cubic feet
||84.3 cubic feet
||Part-time or Full-time 4WD
Toyota SUV Interiors
- Seating Capacity: The 2020 Toyota RAV4 compact crossover SUV and 2020 4Runner mid-size SUV model both feature a classic, two-row interior with seating for up to five; however, the 4Runner is available with a third row, bringing its seating capacity up to seven. The 2020 Highlander is a mid-size crossover SUV that comes standard with three rows of seating, accommodating seven or eight occupants, depending on which trim level and seating option is selected.
- Passenger Space: The mid-size 2020 Toyota 4Runner offers 93.7 cubic feet of passenger space in two-row models, while three-row editions provide 128 cubic feet for your crew. With 98.9 cubic feet of passenger volume, the 2020 Toyota RAV4 measures between the two versions of the 4Runner. The largest SUV of the bunch, the 2020 Highlander, boasts up to 141.3 cubic feet of space for occupants in its three rows.
- Cargo Volume: Drivers and families looking for extensive cargo capacity can turn to the 2020 Highlander and its up to 84.3 cubic feet of space behind its front row of seats. With all three rows of seating upright, though, the Highlander provides 16 cubic feet for cargo. The 2020 Toyota 4Runner enjoys up to 47.2 cubic feet of standard cargo volume, with a maximum capacity of 89.7 cubic feet with rear seating folded. Lastly, there's the 2020 RAV4 compact crossover SUV and its 37.6 cubic feet of standard cargo space behind its second row; cargo volume expands to up to 69.8 cubic feet with the rear seats lowered.
- Infotainment: All three of these new Toyota SUVs come fitted with a touch-screen display audio system complete with an integrated backup camera for added on-road convenience and safety.
Toyota SUV Performance
- Engine: The 2020 Toyota 4Runner and Highlander each get V6 power as standard; the Highlander's newly-standard V6 is 3.5-liters in displacement, while the 4Runner is equipped with a 4.0-liter V6. The 2020 RAV4 makes use of Toyota's 2.5-liter Dynamic Force 4-cylinder engine, developing 203 hp in this compact crossover SUV.
- Transmission: Toyota's next-generation 8-speed automatic transmission is utilized in both the 2020 Highlander and RAV4. The new 4Runner pairs its V6 with a 5-speed automatic.
- Drivetrain: The new RAV4 and Highlander come standard with front-wheel drive (FWD), with all-wheel drive (AWD) available across the model lineups. Toyota's classic mid-size SUV, the 4Runner, features a rear-wheel-drive (RWD) layout that is available with Part-time 4WD; the Limited trim offers Full-time 4WD.
- Towing Capacity: Both the 2020 Toyota Highlander and 4Runner SUVs can tow up to 5,000 pounds with confidence, thanks in part to their potent V6 engines. Depending on which grade or trim level of the 2020 RAV4 is selected, a tow rating of 1,500 or 3,500 pounds applies.
Toyota SUV Safety
This 2020 Toyota SUV lineup, including the new RAV4, 4Runner and Highlander, boasts Toyota Safety Sense™ active safety packages that feature:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Departure Alert
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Automatic High Beams
Tour & Test Drive Any of These Toyota SUVs near Midland, Texas
We've covered some of the key differences and similarities of these three Toyota SUVs, so the next step in your SUV search is to tour and test drive the models you're considering. Our Odessa, TX, Toyota dealership is a local source for all Toyota sport-utes, including these three fine models that are each available in multiple trim levels. Head over from nearby Midland, TX, for a closer look at your Toyota SUV of choice or to narrow your options!
No matter which of these Toyota SUVs you select, the Lithia Toyota of Odessa team is here for you with competitive vehicle pricing as well as affordable finance and lease offers to consider. As you continue to shop and compare the 2020 Toyota RAV4, Highlander and 4Runner here on our website at your leisure, don't hesitate to also get pre-qualified for financing.
Remember that you can reach out to our helpful and knowledgeable Toyota sales staff for assistance with your new SUV search!
More About These Toyota SUV Models
*MSRP excludes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee.