The Toyota Tacoma and Tundra are two popular pickups that offer a brilliant blend of capability and fun. Whether you're after a work truck or one that's geared toward weekend adventuring, there's a Toyota truck for you. The 2020 Toyota pickups are available now and can be had in an array of configurations. Here, we'll explore the 2020 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma models, noting key differences along the way.
As you shop for a new Toyota pickup truck, know that Lithia Toyota of Odessa is your source for both the Tacoma and Tundra lineups near Midland, Texas. Our dealership's dedicated sales team can tell you more about the full-size Tundra and mid-size Tacoma during your visit for a test drive. But first, we invite you to shop and compare these versatile Toyota pickup trucks for sale here on our website.
||2.7L I4 or 3.5L V6
||159 to 278
||180 to 265 lb-ft
||3,500 to 6,800 lbs
||8,800 to 10,200 lbs
||4WDemand part-time 4WD
||4WDemand part-time 4WD
||4 or 5
||Access Cab or Double Cab
||Double Cab or CrewMax
Toyota Truck Performance
- Engine: Toyota's 2020 Tacoma offers drivers a choice of two engines: a standard 2.7-liter inline 4-cylinder engine developing 159 horsepower and 180 pound-feet of torque, or an available 3.5-liter V6. The direct-injected V6 engine enhances performance thanks to its 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. The Tundra full-size truck is one of the few pickups in its segment that still comes with V8 performance as standard! Its 381-hp, 5.7-liter i-Force V8 engine generates 410 lb-ft of torque and helps ensure that you always have the power and rotational force required to take on all sorts of hauling and towing duties.
- Transmission: Both of Toyota's truck models feature a 6-speed automatic transmission for 2020. While this automatic is the only option in the full-size Tundra, the 2020 Tacoma mid-size pickup still offers an available manual transmission, also sporting six forward gears.
- Drivetrain: The 2020 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma pickups feature a rear-wheel-drive (RWD) platform with power available to all four wheels when a four-wheel-drive (4WD) version is selected. Both truck models are offered with Toyota's 4WDemand part-time 4WD system that's optimized for four-wheel traction as well as efficiency.
- Towing Capacity: Get into a 2020 Tundra full-size truck to enjoy the trailering confidence that comes with a maximum towing capacity of 10,200 pounds when properly equipped; this pickup boasts a standard tow rating of 8,800 pounds. When properly equipped with its V6 engine, even the mid-size 2020 Tacoma affords motorists with impressive towing capabilities, offering up to a 6,800-pound maximum towing rating. In its base trim with the standard inline 4-cylinder engine, the Tacoma can still tow up to 3,500 pounds with confidence.
Toyota Pickup Interiors
- Cab Styles: Toyota gives you the choice of two cab styles in both the 2020 Tacoma and Tundra, ensuring that drivers can secure a "right-sized" pickup. The mid-size Tacoma boasts an Access Cab or available Double Cab. The 2020 Tundra starts with the Double Cab style. Then, there's the CrewMax that provides an even more spacious cabin for you and your passengers. The larger cab style of each truck comes with a short bed out back.
- Seating Capacity: Toyota's 2020 Tacoma boasts four-passenger seating as standard, with seating for five in the available Double Cab. No matter which cab style of the Tundra full-size pickup you choose, there's seating for up to six!
- Interior Space: As you may have expected, the full-size Tundra offers greater interior volume than the Tacoma mid-size pickup. Not only can the Tundra fit more seating within its cab, but its back seating is significantly more spacious. These two trucks feature similar space for front-row occupants, but the Tundra tops the Tacoma in rear legroom by a notable margin, at 42.3 inches versus 32.6 inches, respectively.
- Infotainment: Big news for 2020 is that all Toyota trucks now come standard with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability for seamless smartphone connectivity! These pickups also boast a large touch-screen display with an integrated backup camera.
Toyota Truck Safety Tech
These modern Toyota pickup trucks not only deliver the power and capability you need but the safety features you deserve. The 2020 Tacoma and Tundra lineups come standard with the following Toyota Safety Sense™ driver-assist technologies:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Departure Alert
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Automatic High Beams
Compare the New Toyota Trucks Online & On-Site
It's clear that there are many ways that the new Tacoma and Tundra trucks differ, but with both you'll enjoy dependable performance, versatile cab and bed styles, rugged design and advanced cabin and safety technologies. While we provided a brief overview of these two popular pickups from Toyota, now it is your turn to shop and compare!
There's more to explore with both the 2020 Toyota Tundra and 2020 Tacoma, so why not plan a visit to our Odessa, TX, auto dealership for an up-close inspection and tour of these pickups, followed by a thorough test drive? Before you stop in, don't hesitate to contact our sales staff for more details on any truck that's caught your attention during your search.
As you browse our current inventory of Toyota trucks for sale, you can get a start on your upcoming vehicle acquisition by appraising your trade-in, viewing our lease offers or apply for financing online. Remember that no matter which Toyota pickup model you choose as your brand-new truck, it comes with ToyotaCare, a no-cost maintenance plan!
More About These Toyota Truck Models
*MSRP excludes the Delivery, Processing, and Handling Fee.